Published: 8 February 2017
Celebrate Library Lovers' Day
Library Lovers’ Day is a chance for everyone to reconnect with the library and share the library love.
The initiative, coordinated by the Australian Library and Information Association (ALIA), aims to raise the profile of the services which libraries offer. School libraries provide quality information services that support lifelong learning, significantly impacting the cultural and information industry.
Here are a few facts about libraries in Australia:
- There is one public library service point for every 15 000 people and more than seven out of ten public libraries are open for more than 30 hours per week;
- more than 171 million items were lent to 8.6 million members of Australia’s public libraries. There were more than 112 million customer visits annually, or more than 9 million per month;
- There are 203 university libraries, used by around one million staff and students every year;
- There are more than 9,000 school libraries and some 12 million people visit our National, State and Territory libraries every year.
- Behind the scenes, 2,000-plus special libraries provide services for business users, lawyers, health professionals, government officials and other information consumers.
Your library provides access to information and resources which have been carefully curated, chosen because they are high quality and meet your needs. What’s more, your librarian has been specifically trained to help you find the information you want.
- News & Events
- College News
- St James College 150 years
- College Calendar
- College Newsletter
- Terms Dates
- Jimmies Spirit Newsletter
Archives: All, January 2018, December 2017, November 2017, October 2017, September 2017, August 2017, July 2017, June 2017, May 2017, April 2017, March 2017, February 2017, January 2017, December 2016, November 2016, October 2016, September 2016, August 2016, July 2016, June 2016, May 2016