Published: 22 March 2017
Opti-MINDS Creative Sustainability Challenge
The Opti-MINDS Creative Sustainability Challenge is an inclusive team challenge which EMPOWERS participants to THINK, CREATE & COMMUNICATE. Opti-MINDS is a creative problem solving event for teams of participants from Preschool to Adult within 4 divisions.
- Teams are required to work together on a Long Term Challenge for up to six weeks without assistance from anyone outside the team. Participants are encouraged to explore possibilities & experiment with ideas as they endeavour to produce their best possible solution.
- They develop creative & original ways to communicate this solution to others, working within predefined parameters such as limited materials, complex Challenge criteria & the deadlines of The Challenge Day.
- Students present the product of their ideas – their Challenge solution – to a panel of judges & an audience on Challenge Day. They have 10 minutes in which to present & must do so in a 3 x 3 metre (Approx.) performance area.
- The teams must also participate in an unseen Spontaneous Challenge on Opti-MINDS Day. This Challenge requires rapid interchange of ideas, the ability to think effectively, creatively, & well-developed group cooperation skills.
- Judges for both the Long Term & the Spontaneous Challenges are professionals chosen from all areas of education, the arts & industry. They are thoroughly trained to enable them to assess the creative performance & technical aspects of the presentation.
Teachers are encouraged to nominate students who sow an ability to "think outside the square".
Closing date for nominations is 19 July with competition date 26 August.
- News & Events
- College News
- St James College 150 years
- College Calendar
- College Newsletter
- Terms Dates
- Jimmies Spirit Newsletter
Archives: All, December 2017, November 2017, October 2017, September 2017, August 2017, July 2017, June 2017, May 2017, April 2017, March 2017, February 2017, January 2017, December 2016, November 2016, October 2016, September 2016, August 2016, July 2016, June 2016, May 2016