Published: 12 June 2018
AVCAT Scholarships opening soon
Scholarships managed by Australian Veterans' Children Assistant Trust (AVCAT) provide up to $4000 per year, for three years, to full-time students at university, TAFE College or Registered Training Organisation. To be eligible a student must be the child, step-child, foster child or grandchild of an ex-serving Australian Veteran. Scholarships are awarded to students based on financial need and academic merit. Visit www.avcat.org.au for more information.
AVCAT provides up to 90 scholarships a year for the children and grandchildren of ex-serving Australian Veterans. Through the generous support of individual donors, ex-service organisations and the Australian Government Department of Veterans’ Affairs, AVCAT provides bursaries and scholarships to help students with the costs of their tertiary education.
To be eligible to apply for AVCAT scholarship you must:
- have Australian residency
- be the child or grandchild of a person with operational service (as defined by the legislation) or three or more years continuous full-time other service, as a member of the Australian Navy, Army or Air Force
- be planning to enrol or be enrolled in tertiary education in Australia at an Australian university, TAFE or registered training organisation in 2019
- be studying or planning to study full-time on-line or face-to-face
- be receiving, or be eligible to receive, Centrelink Youth Allowance or an equivalent educational payment
- be under the age of 25 (except for exceptional circumstances)
APPLICATIONS OPEN 18 AUGUST 2018 AND CLOSE 31 OCTOBER 2018.
- News & Events
- College News
- St James College 150 years
- 150 years Gallery
- College Calendar
- College Newsletter
- Term Dates
- Jimmies Spirit Newsletter
Archives: All, July 2019, June 2019, May 2019, April 2019, March 2019, February 2019, January 2019, December 2018, November 2018, October 2018, September 2018, August 2018, July 2018, June 2018, May 2018, April 2018, March 2018, February 2018, January 2018, December 2017, November 2017, October 2017, September 2017, August 2017, July 2017, June 2017, May 2017, April 2017, March 2017, February 2017, January 2017, December 2016, November 2016, October 2016, September 2016, August 2016, July 2016, June 2016, May 2016