Published: 16 May 2016
Cross Country Team Blaze a Trail
The school Cross Country event held at Victoria Park on Friday 13 May saw so many individual stories of mini successes and participatory delight.
The students could not be faulted, win or lose they were there, getting involved, having a go and also having a great time. And, of course, the smiles and cheers of all the Jimmies students at day's end made it all the more enjoyable.
Weather conditions could not have been better and even though it was Friday the 13th there was nothing unlucky about this day for Carey House.
Carey House Dean Chris Zammit said "What an amazing team we have in Carey House, and how strong were we today. this win is the start of some real momentum that I think will carry through this year."
Some highlights of the day include:
- The excitement on Will's face as he crossed that line in his final year at St James
- George excited about his fifth placing
- Torren running the entire way, finishing like a legend
- The smile on Jenny's face with her first place ribbon
- Mikey, red faced and sweating after going hard
- Frazer and Rosemary, eternal good sports, with so much spirit, just got in and had a go
French Exchange student Marie was almost in tears with happiness saying how much she will miss this place and remember this win forever. Marie ran the course with a Year 9 student who lives with a disability and then again in her own age group.
Thank you to everyone for the phenomenal work with students in the lead up to this years cross country.
- News & Events
- College News
- St James College 150 years
- College Calendar
- College Newsletter
- Terms Dates
- Jimmies Spirit Newsletter
Archives: All, March 2018, February 2018, January 2018, December 2017, November 2017, October 2017, September 2017, August 2017, July 2017, June 2017, May 2017, April 2017, March 2017, February 2017, January 2017, December 2016, November 2016, October 2016, September 2016, August 2016, July 2016, June 2016, May 2016